Monday, December 14, 2020

Places to Visit in Washington DC, USA | One Day Visit to Washington, USA

Places to Visit in Washington DC, USA | One Day Visit to Washington, USA
Places to Visit in Washington DC, USA | One Day Visit to Washington, USA



Today, I will share the Places to Visit in Washington DC, the USA with all my traveling experience to reach Washington. My one day visit to Washington starts now:

I am going to take a bus to the nearest Metro station from the local bus terminal in the USA. Today, I was supposed to get up early around 6 am, but yesterday night I slept quite late. I will catch a bus and then the metro to reach Washington DC. It's 8:30 am. While going inside, someone came and asked me to stop I am scared of all the men in 'uniform' !. Everyone seems like a Cop Though that person was security personnel from the PRTC, the bus operating agency. I went inside, asked for the ticket. Actually, the Smithsonian metro station is the nearest one for most of the attractions in DC So prefer the Smithsonian station If you are staying outside the Washington city area. As it is quite costly to stay there.

The suburbs of Washington DC have quite cheaper hotels. After I went inside, I started talking to the person on the counter. He was happy to see me. Thereafter, I gave him a bill of 20 USD to purchase the ticket but he said he didn't have change I did not have smaller bills than dollar 20 then he did a favor to me, he gave me a free pass, What a decent way to start the day! 

Here are fare vending machines, I charged my smart card, now, here are the peak and non-peak hours fare its 9:25 am after 5 minutes off-peak time will start I will have to pay around 5.40 USD in peak hours whereas in non-peak hours the fare is just 3.85 USD for Smithsonian. 

So, why shouldn't I wait for 5 minutes to save money! Sharing this with you so that you also keep this in mind if you are here If you visit DC, you must be taking a metro. You can also get a ONE DAY PASS If you want to ride a lot in these metros, then take the pass, it costs 14.75 USD. This offers unlimited rides for 1 day on all metro rails and metro buses in Washington DC. You can charge your smartcard with the pass. 

Now, I have reached Washington DC at  Washington Monument. It's 3 pm and I am still near the Holocaust Museum. This is a big museum. I could not see anything. You need at least 5 hours to visit this property. This place is near the National Mall. Now I reached the Washington monument. This dedicated to the first president of the United States of America (USA), this was completed in 1884. It was the tallest building in those days. It is still the tallest monumental building in the world 555 feet. 

Capitol Building, Most of the iconic monuments of Washington are located in this area. Hire a bike to visit all these places. That's the best way to explore these places. Probably this leads to the White house. I am happy to be here, it's 4:45 pm at the White House. 

Now, I am will visit some other places. Everyone in the USA said that tap water in the USA is drinkable, now I used to refill my bottles from the places where I stay. It's 6:15 pm and I am tired now. Walked too much since morning. 

National Mall, I thought this would be similar to a shopping mall. This is a must-visit place its 3:30 pm. Now, I will go back to the hotel. I hope whatever I shared about my one day trip to Washington DC was interesting for the readers also.

No comments:

Post a Comment