Monday, December 21, 2020

My Favorite Things To Do in New York at Christmas Time

 

My Favorite Things To Do in New York at Christmas Time
My Favorite Things To Do in New York at Christmas Time

My favorite things to do in New York City at Christmas time is to visit Bryant Park. The other market you have to check out is that Bryant Park and this is not just a market they also have ice skating in the middle and I think it's actually free. If you bring your own skates, if you don't have your own skates then it's like 20 dollars to do ice skating I think. But if you have your own skates then this is the best system while there might be fewer vendors here than at Union Square.

At Union Square, more room to walk around, and the vendors that are here seem to have some of the most unique and special items. There are so many incredible gifts here like really unique things. A lot of things I've literally never even seen before. So if you're looking to buy presents, if you hear of this time and customs these markets they're just incredible. One more thing, I'm not sure if the Union Square has any food stalls, it didn't actually see any but Brian Park has a lot and there are so many different things from ramen to pickles to Donuts and everything in between and I honestly wish I was hungry because there's a lot of really good-looking stuff a lot of vegan options too which is awesome but yes if you do come here make sure you come hungry. 

There are so many options, they have vegan hot chocolate and they have dairy-free whipped cream I am definitely getting one of these, yes I cannot believe I found a vegan hot chocolate. I am so happy that I've been looking for this all day, grab yourself a treat and head to the ice skating rink to watch the skaters since the rink is free if you bring your own skates there's a lot of seasoned skaters that like to come here which makes it really fun to watch.

Next, of course, we can't forget one of the most well-known things to do, go see the city's biggest Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center. This is definitely one of the most crowded spots in the city but I think it's worth it especially when you turn around and get to watch the yearly light show at Saks Fifth Avenue.

if you don't mind crowds then you can't miss a quick stop at Macy's to check out holiday lane one of the best places to find decorations for your home and to mail your letters to Santa. I like to come here and send my letter to Santa and when you do that Macy's will actually donate $1 to the make-a-wish foundation up to a million dollars. So, it's kind of like a cute little tradition to do. Just fair warning, it's very hectic in here but if you don't mind that then you can come back.

Just one floor down to find Santa land a Christmas wonderland for kids of all ages where you can make reservations and meet Santa, make sure to take a look at the window displays on your way out America's very first Christmas windows were actually at the 14th Street Macy's store. 

Back in 1874, since then, all of New York's major department stores have been creating show-stopping holiday window displays. Today, most of the impressive windows can be found walking down Fifth Avenue different ones stand out each year so just go for a walk and find your favorites. And for my family's annual tradition while you're here, you have to try and see a show on Broadway. 

New York is known for having some of the world's best productions and there are so many to choose from. It's the perfect thing to do to get out of the cold and an experience you won't forget. Besides everything on this list, there's so much to see and do in New York during the holidays that I'd honestly recommend just walking around and keeping an eye out for anything festive and if you get lucky enough to get snow on your visit the whole city comes to life and you'll feel like you're in a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment